Minister Housing Allowance (Image)

In addition to the pride and joy you receive from serving as a minister, there is one more benefit that you can now take advantage of as part of your work as a minister: claiming the housing allowance on your annual tax return.

After a lengthy battle, the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit ruled last month that the housing allowance under Section 107 of the IRS Code is constitutional.

This is a key benefit for all ceremonial ministers, but to take advantage of it you must keep very specific records in order to claim the benefit. Please consult with your tax professional for advice.

 Read the full article on the StartChurch blog.

Perform A Marriage Ceremony

Sample wedding script included!

Sample wedding script included!

You’ve been ordained, and you’re all set to perform the marriage ceremony.
What happens next?
We provide a simple guide to get you through the big day!

After The Ceremony...

Don't start the party yet!

Don't start the party yet —
There's more to do!

You’ve done it!
You’ve performed the wedding ceremony and your couple is officially married.
Not so fast! There are still a few more steps you have to take...

previous arrowprevious arrow
next arrownext arrow


Photograph courtesy of the StartChurch blog.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.